Cat Poop can blind you and this is a fact. Although it’s rare but 7 out of 10 people who get infected can become blind.
The culprit comes from a parasite called toxoplasmosis. This parasite is one of the world’s most common parasites.
Infection usually occurs by eating undercooked contaminated meat and exposure from an infected cat or dog feces.
There are a few symptoms when you get infected by Toxoplasmisi, that include:
- Body aches
- Swollen lymph nodes
As cat owners usually can come into contact with the parasite through cat feces. You may get it when accidentally if you touch your mouth after gardening, cleaning a litter box, or touching anything that has come in contact with infected cat feces.
This is a common parasite. There are a few ways for us to take Certain precautions that can help prevent toxoplasmosis:
- Wear gloves when you garden or handle soil.
- Don’t share utensils with your pets
- Wash your hands with soap and water after you handle cat litter
- If you have children, teach your kids to not play with cat litter or touch cat private area.
- Change your cat litter daily.
- If you are pregnant, ask someone else to clean your cat litter
- Keep your cat indoors so that it does not pick up the parasite.
- Feed your cat only dry or canned cat food. Like humans, cats can become infected by eating raw or undercooked meat.
- Avoid touching outdoor or stray cats especially if you are pregnant
Generally, just keep your environment as clean as possible and you will have less thing to worry.
If you are looking for can wet food click here. We are now having sale for all Prodiet product.